Discovery Education Espresso features resources in many different media types including videos, images, audio, many of which are viewed on the resource own player page.
When you select a video, image, or audio clip it will automatically open in it’s own player page. From there you can play the media and view details about it, related topics and in the case of videos, a full text transcript.
Player page features
- Details - provides a brief description of the resource
- Transcripts - a full text transcript of the video content
- Playback speed - adjust the speed of the video to enhance viewing
- Teacher's guide - offers tips and ideas for using the resource in the classroom
- Related topics - quick links to related resources
Select QuickList to add a video to your personal list which is accessible from any page. QuickList is an easy way to bookmark videos of interest and to curate resources as you sort search results for comparison or review later.
There are several ways to share content, including email, favourite links, Google Classroom, Microsoft Teams or Edmodo.
You can assign a video to specific students, a group, or your whole class. Note: you can only use this feature after your students have been uploaded to Discovery Education.
4. Additional Options
Select the ellipses (...) to open additional options:
- Create with Studio: Select Create with Studio to add a video to a new Studio Board. It will open a Studio board to allow for further editing.
- My Content: If you plan to use a video frequently, want to organize resources into folders for lessons or units, or want to share it with others in your school or district, you can add it to your My Content folders.
- Download: To download a video and save it to your computer, flash drive, or other device, select the Download icon. Select the file quality and save the file to your desired location. You can also download the closed caption file. Once the download is complete, follow the path you the download location you selected to find the video files on your computer.