Discovery Education Espresso features extensive guidance and support for teaching with digital content. Get inspiration from embedded Teacher guides. Search how-to articles in the Help centre. Attend one of our weekly tutorials. Or explore the teacher area which brings together a selection of materials to help you get the very best out of the digital resources.
Teacher area channel
Get the most out of your digital tools and resources. Use research-based instructional strategies, see examples of best practice in action, connect through one of our many events and find out how to best use the platform features. The Teacher area channel can be accessed from your My DE Homepage.
There are four sections available to you in the Teacher area:
- SOS: Spotlight on Strategies are creative, research-based instructional strategies, created by teachers for teachers. These simple instructional strategies incorporate digital media in meaningful, effective, and practical ways.
- What works well features resources that can be used to enhance teaching and learning. There are video examples of best practice in action and evidence of impact, as well as school spotlight case studies and exemplar templates.
- Getting started with Espresso features articles, tutorials and guides to help you get started with the Espresso service.
- Join an event highlights upcoming professional learning tutorials and events.
Channel-specific teacher support
Each channel also features a Teacher area where you will find specific guidance for using the resources in that Channel. Clicking on each resource will open it in Studio which means its easy for you to copy and adapt this guidance for your specific needs..
- Teacher guides provide ideas and tips for delivering a topic
- Resource guides with suggestions for making the best use of the topic materials
- Subject guides give guidance and support for teaching the key objectives