Access Discovery Education Coding and easily navigate between languages, lessons, and creation tools.
Select Coding from the Curriculum Packs section of your My DE homepage.
Coding Home Page
Discovery Education Coding opens to a Home page that describes each of the three programming languages. Additionally, a video overview is provided for Block Coding, which can serve as an introduction to coding for many students and educators. From the Home page educators and pupils can easily navigate to the lessons, free creation, and glossary for each programming language.
The navigation bar can be used to navigate between Coding languages and tools, within a Coding language, and to return to the Coding Home page. Navigation between Coding languages and tools is outlined below.
- Coding: Returns you to the Coding Home page
- Programming Languages: Drop-down menus allow you to navigate to each language's Learn, Create, and Glossary.
- New App: Allows you to create and free code by choosing any language
- Manage Your Apps and Galleries: Search for Apps and Galleries by name, sort and filter by creation date
Coding Language Home Page and Navigation
- The Learn, Create, and Glossary content for each language can be accessed from the Coding Home page or the drop-down menus in the navigation bar.
- Learn's lessons are organised into scaffolded topics that can be navigated through a table of contents or by scrolling down through each lesson.
- Clicking each Lesson's name takes you into a series of scaffolded steps that build upon each other.
Within Learn, content begins with an Introduction. Pupils progress through the steps of each lesson in sequence. The navigation bar provides a dropdown menu to access all steps of a lesson.
Use the Back Button on your browser to return to the Coding homepage and access future lessons.