Discovery Education Health and Relationships covers the statutory requirements for teaching primary Relationships and Health Education. It contains lessons for teaching all aspects of the guidelines, including the non-statutory aspects of primary sex education. The programme includes six topics which are presented in separate Channels. Each Channel contains all the resources needed to teach that topic across all six primary year groups.
- Healthy and happy friendships - Getting along and understanding changing friendships.
- Similarities and differences - What makes each of us special and unique.
- Caring and responsibility - Looking after each other in school, at home and in the community.
- Families and committed relationships - Different types of families and healthy relationships.
- Healthy bodies, healthy minds - Looking after your physical and mental health.
- Coping with change - How we change as we grow older and set goals for ourselves.
Lesson resources for each topic are provided from Year 1 to Year 6. Each year group topic contains a child-led scenario-based video for the introduction and three sequential lessons, each with a lesson plan, a Studio board presentation and printable activities.
In the Topic overview, you will find a Studio board with an overview of that topic, including the key learning objectives and a brief synopsis of the video. It also contains a progression grid across all year groups for that specific theme.