Studio provides teachers a simple way to personalise and create lesson activities and for students to build projects and collaborate with classmates.
Access Studio from the Global Nav menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
Choose Create New and select either Board or Slideshow (a Board is a multi-page project where pages can be as long as they want and includes a scroll bar; a Slideshow is a multi-slide project where slides are a fixed size and are designed to be used for presentations)
When a project is opened, it will automatically be named after the time that it was created. Edit the name and description through the drop-down menu at the top of the screen. This will ensure that your project can be easily located.
Add content to your project by clicking on the + icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen
- Search DE: Search Discovery Education resources and add to your project. This could be a video, image, audio clip or any other resource from the Channels. It is possible to filter the search by language or type of resource.
- From My Content: Add any resource that has been saved to My Content to your project.
- From QuickList: Add any resource that has been saved to your QuickList to your project.
- Upload: Add content from the device being used to your project (Upload Limit: 124 MB).
- Text: Add text to your slide or board. The text can be fully formatted and positioned within the board.
- Word Tracking - this feature is for use for front of class read-alongs. It is designed for use with younger students and will highlight each word one by one so the children can see the word being read
- Button: Add a button which can link to a location within your Studio project (another slide or page) or link to an external URL.
- Short Answer: A quiz question where pupils can answer with a short typed answer
- Single Selection: A quiz question that is multiple choice with a single correct answer
- Multiple Selection: A quiz question that is multiple choice with multiple correct answers
- Block: A quiz question for pupils to add a Discovery Education resource or upload their own resource.
To add and manage existing pages or slides, click on the drop-down arrow next to the Page at the top of the screen.
You can also name each slide or page to keep them organised or rearrange them into any order required.
On adding a new slide or page, you will be offered a selection of templates to speed up creating your board.
To lengthen the page in a Board, use the double arrow icon at the bottom of the screen. This can be dragged in either direction to create the length of the page needed.
Adding Colours, Themes and Backgrounds
Click on the palette icon in the left-hand corner of the screen to include backgrounds and themes to each page and slide.
When adding new slides or pages, the customisation selections will be retained, but can be individually edited if required.
Editing the Project
Once a resource, text , button or assessment question has been added to the project, you can edit it in many ways.
To resize the element, use the circles in the bottom right and drag to make the element larger or smaller.
To move to a new location, click on the element and drag to the desired location.
When the resource is selected, an asset menu will be visible. The options in this menu are (from left to right):
Edit - the options will depend on the resource, but include layout, style, borders etc
Link - this gives you the option to link to a different page or URL when clicking on the resource
Animation - this will add movement to the resource to add excitement and interest to your project
Open - this allows navigation to the original resource
Duplicate - this allows you to duplicate the resource on the same page or slide
Copy to Clipboard - this will allow you to copy the resource for use on a different page or slide
Replace - replace the resource by searching for another one.
Position - move to the back or front to layer with other resources
Delete - remove resource completely
In addition to the pupil-facing portion of your project (slides and pages), a Teachers Notes option is available for teachers to add notes about the lesson or resources to reference later. These notes are not available to pupils.
It is also to add extra resources into this Teacher Notes section.
Immersive Reader is available through the icon on the right-hand side of the screen.
This activates many accessibility options which can support many students in their learning.
Learn more about Immersive Reader