At Discovery Education, we are lucky enough to work with lots of incredible Discovery Champions within our schools. Discovery Champions are advocates for Discovery Education in their school or educational setting.
A Discovery Champion can be any member of teaching staff - be it a TA or a Headteacher. They are passionate, enthusiastic and positive and will build Discovery Education into the school culture with pupils, staff and parents.
Your School Success Advisor will be in touch with the Discovery Champion regulaely to offer support with such things as:
- The school's subscription
- The usage data - how the school are currently using the Discovery platform and maximising thhe impact of your subscription
Our current Discovery Champions have devised many creative ways of encouraging their pupils to use our wide range of programmes. A few examples that you could try in your own school include:
- Setting quizzes once a week for students to complete either at home or in class
- Giving out awards (eg, weekly certificates in celebration assemblies for 'excellent Coding apps' or 'most creative Board')
- Sharing awards/achievements with parents: on social media and in parent newsletters
Discovery Champions are also keen to share top tips or best practices with their colleagues to get the most out of their Discovery subscription.
Please contact you School Success Advisor if you have any questions or need support with your subscription.