The challenges provided in STEM Connect are designed to be comprehensive and ready to be delivered.
However, as with all the resources provided by Discovery Education, you are free to use the individual resources and activities as you see fit.
By clicking on the + sign in the top right-hand corner, the video will be saved to your Quicklist for easy retrieval.
The ellipsis/More menu provides further options for using the video.
- Assign: You can assign a video to specific pupils, a group, or your whole class.
- Share: There are several ways to share content, including by link, Google Classroom and Microsoft Teams.
- Create with Studio: This will open the Studio tool so you can include the video in your own presentation or lesson
- Save to My content: If you plan to use a video frequently, want to organise resources into folders for lessons or units, or want to share it with others in your school, you can add it to your My content folders.
- View details: This will open the video in a new tab telling more about the resource, including a transcript description, citations and suggested topics.
Any of the images included in STEM Connect can be shared or assigned to others. They can be transferred to to the Studio tool and saved to My Content. Clicking on the + sign will save the image to the user's Quicklist.
Using Worksheets or Activity PDFs
Any of the activities included in STEM Connect can be shared or assigned to others. They can be transferred to to the Studio tool and saved to My Content. Clicking on the + sign will save the image to the user's Quicklist.
If you would like to print the worksheet, you will need to click on the specific activity and this will open the document in a new tab where you can specify your printing preferences.