With a video or standard quiz, teachers can either assign or launch the quiz for students
Assign a Quiz
When you assign a quiz, it will appear on the student's homepage, like other Discovery Education resources, and they can complete the quiz at their own pace within an assigned timeframe.
When content is assigned to students, the following options are available:
- Step 1 - edit the title and directions for the assignment, if desired
- Step 2 - select the date you want content to appear on the student homepage as well as the date for when content or work should be completed by
- Step 3 - select the class (or grouping of students) to which something should be assigned
- Step 4 - confirm the settings of your assignment and click okay
A student can launch the assigned quiz from their homepage and complete it at their own pace.
For a video quiz, they will play the video and answer questions as they appear.
For a standard quiz, they will advance through the questions on their own.
Once finished, they will submit the quiz. They will be able to view their answers and results (for auto-graded items) automatically at the end of the quiz.
Learn more about managing quiz results.
Launch a Quiz
Once you have finished creating your quiz, you are present the quiz to students for completion in the classroom. To do this choose Launch Now
You can then choose for the quiz to be student-led or teacher-led.
- Pupil-led: The student progresses through it at their own pace.
Teacher-led: The teacher controls the pace.
- Video Quiz: The teacher would play the video whole group and questions would appear on the student screen at the marked moments.
- Standard Quiz: The questions appear on the student screen based on the teacher advancing the questions at their own pace.
The setting will default to teacher-led. However, if you prefer it to be student-led, you can toggle that option in the bottom right.
Teachers can view results as they come in live and grade them then, or wait until the end.